Thursday, April 22, 2010

Funny Story!

Funny Story... I had my in depth ultrasound today to check out all of the baby's organs, take measurements, etc. The great news is that everything looks good! The funny part is that it's a baby BOY that looks so healthy... not a baby girl like we were expecting. So, for the past 9 weeks we've been thinking we were having a little baby girl and today we were suprised to find out that it's a baby boy we'll be having! We hadn't gotten anything girly, so that's a good thing. We had a name and that's it. Now, with this little guy, we have all the clothes and supplies, just not a name. Go figure. We're really excited with this change of events and I'm sure Jack is excited to have a little buddy to play and rough-house with! We just need a name.

8 comments:

Jill said...

say whaaat!? i woke up to an email from kellie telling me this! too too funny. he's a little tricky fellow already. two little boys will be so wonderful. and as for a name... let's make lists when i see you in a few weeks. :)

Emilee said...

Oh No! I am always worried this will happen to me sometime. They actually thought Dax was a girl, but were only like 70% sure. So, I was kind of surprised we were having a boy. Jack and his brother will definitely be buddies for sure. I am so happy for you!

Kathryn said...

A similar thing happened to us. At 15 weeks, the doc said he thought it was a girl (he emphasized he wasn't sure though) and then 5 weeks later we found out definitely boy.

As for names - good luck! I think boy names are hard. We had a list of possibilities but didn't make a decision until the morning we left the hospital when Harrison was 3 days old.

Jessie said...

Ha! That's awesome. I can totally relate to that bit of news. I thought all three of mine were girls...until the 20 week ultra sound.
Naming boys is MUCH harder for us than naming girls would have been.
I like William, Oliver, Elliott, Isaac, Truman - a few thoughts.

Congrats!

Tina said...

Oh my! Glad you had another ultrasound done! The great thing is that you already have everything you need as far as boys go! Jack and he will be GREAT friends!
Good luck in picking the name!

It's Me...shell said...

Oh crazy! It's a good thing you didn't get anything girlie. I excited our boys can be friends!

nateandalliewilcox said...

Glad that Jack will have a playmate, and you didn't buy a ton of girl stuff. How fun to be having another boy!

brianneburns said...

Whoops!...but in a totally good way:) Joey is not very good at reading ultrasounds and thought we were still having another boy when they pointed out the GIRL parts in our ultrasound. They are tricky sometimes. What was the name you picked for a girl? Maybe you can just tweak it a little bit to sound boyish??